Littlehampton restaurants, pubs, cafes and bars can sign up now to take part in the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme which was announced by Chancellor Rishi Sunak to offer a discount to diners and encourage people to eat out.
You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme:
- all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020
- to offer a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in
- to claim the money back from the government
There is no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme. Customers cannot get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking.
Alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
Registration will close on 31 August.
You can register if your establishment:
- sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
- an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
- catering services for private functions
- a hotel that provides room service only
- dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
- mobile food vans or trailers
If your application is based on dishonest or inaccurate information, your registration will be revoked.
For further information please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme